Today’s blog was inspired by tweets, the tweets that reached out in my timeline and said…Self Belief isn’t always easy.
So today I’m putting my hand up and agreeing… self-belief isn’t always easy. Is life always easy? When you are striving to make the best of life, pursuing that business dream or wanting to improve you and your life in some way the doubts bubble up. That voice hidden deep inside seems to want to sabotage our efforts. It play games and wants us to run, give up, drop the ball.
I have a way of living my life, a way of accepting my past mental health issues and how they can impact me today, I have not only accepted the past but have a respect borne out of my experiences. So I know that my mind can play tricks and that the doubts can sneak in, this is a part of who I am. In my acceptance I know I have a choice to take responsibility for how I manage these thoughts.
Self…The total, essential, or particular being of a person; the individual
Belief… Mental acceptance of and conviction in the truth, actuality, or validity of something
How YOU can manage the doubts…
- Recall your successes, each and every one
- Remember the past wobbles in self belief and how unfounded they were
- Remind yourself that to move forward and achieve success in life you have to take steps into the unknown
- Have a daily mantra that expresses your self worth and your capabilities
- Have a buddy, a buddy who gets you and adds stability on the wobbly days
- Stop owning self doubt – Aim for a core of stronger self belief a place that you return to often
- Allow yourself to lose the label of the past
- Remember…You’re not alone